Fred is an experienced consultant specialising in the field of sales, leadership and performance. His unique style allows him to release the potential from his clients through an ability to understand context and generate insight as well as stimulate and encourage active participation.
Leaving The University of Birmingham in 1993 with an honours degree in Commerce and Spanish (including a year at ICADE, Madrid), Fred worked for the IMI Group, moving through various roles including Product Manager to become European Business Development Manager.
In 1999 Fred joined Structured Training, one the UK’s leading providers of sales, management, leadership and coaching solutions. He designed and delivered a number of ‘open’ and ‘in-company’ training courses as well as undertaking strategic consulting work with sister company SalesPathways.
Since 2004 when he founded Brindis, Fred has worked as an independent training consultant concentrating on commercial development with a variety of organisations bringing his wide experience to both business development, training design/delivery and performance improvement roles. At all times he seeks to be practical and concentrates on the outcomes that will deliver the results required.
Fred has extensive international experience having worked in over 30 countries, speaks fluent Spanish, conversational French and is an NLP Practitioner. Areas of expertise include Consultative Selling, Key Account Management, Negotiation, Channel Management, Selling with NLP, Sales Management, Leadership, Coaching and Team Building.
Fred is a qualified rugby union referee and serves on the Marketing Committee of his local club. He also enjoys travel, ever keen to experience local food and drink.
Selection of Projects
- A major project undertaken between 2005-2010 was the planning and implementing of the ‘Corona Academy’. Working with Grupo Modelo the Mexican brewer of Corona Extra, oversaw training and other development initiatives for their distributors at the European HQ in Brussels and in specific EMEA market countries. As well as providing training services, also offered sales support and assisted in winning new business.
- Various sales/leadership courses delivered for Cisco Distributors (Phoenix, Denver, Miami, London, Madrid, Dublin)
- Ran several Sales and Global Performance Planning framework workshops for Experian (UK, Spain, Italy, Holland)
- Design and delivery of ‘Creating Exceptional Customer Experience’ programme including Retail, Corporate and Call Centre modules, Train the Trainer and ‘Ambassador Toolkit’ for HSBC (MENA operation
- Soft skills delivery for National Commercial Bank (Saudi Arabia)
- Variety of sales and presentation skills sessions for Banque PSA (UK)
- Implementation or ‘Partner Managers Development Programme’ for Avios (UK, Spain)
- Development of brokers selling private jet charter solutions to high net worth individuals for Air Partner (UK, France, Germany)
- Delivery of Sales Leadership module on behalf of Chartered Institute of Marketing for Sales and Marketing Academy of Smiths Group (Miami, Singapore, London)
- Customer Experience and Client Loyalty module of Masters programme for leading UK University (Loughborough)
- Global Commercial Excellence Programme – including ‘Foundation in Sales and Negotiation’, ‘Value Based Selling’ and ‘Price Increase Negotiation’ – for large chemical producer (LatAm, EMEA, APAC)
- Package Selling for international truck manufacturer (UK)
- Commercial Development Programme and ‘Brewery Ambassador’ skills development for leading brewer (UK)